Lenten Challenge

26/02/2016

jesus-in-the-desert 

Jesus spent 40 days and 40 nights in the desert. The devil tried to tempt him to perform miracles to help Himself, but instead Jesus prayed to God his father, to ask for help.

Year of Faith Logo

In this Jubilee Year of Mercy we have been asked to think of ways we can grow stronger and show Mercy in our lives.

We are asked to follow Jesus’ example.

Lent is a good time to reflect on how we can do this.

Lent 2016

How will you follow Jesus’ example?

Mission box

Will you help people in need?

No Sweets

Will you resist temptation?

forgive others

Will you forgive others?

love one another

Will you love others?

trust God

Will you trust God?

put others first

Will you put others first?

Tell me what you are going to do this Lent?

Remember to write again once you have achieved you goal!

It may not be easy, but you can ask for God’s help when you say your prayers.

9 Responses to “Lenten Challenge”

1. Vanessa said:

If God says what I should do for my Lenten sacrifice I will do it because God save us and Jesus to.

My Lenten sacrifice is to stop watching to much TV and helping more people so they can have a better life.

2. Alex said:

I will follow Jesus’s example by giving money to the poor, give the homeless a shelter, visiting the sick and give food to the hungry. I will help people at all costs no matter what it is. I will try to resist temptation at any time. I will always forgive others even if they done something terrible to me. I will love others and forgive others at any time. I will trust God even if I am in a terrible situation. I will always try to put others first. My Lenten sacrifice is to give up lemons because Ioce sour food.

3. Carl said:

I will advise people to the right thing when they have made the wrong choice.I will also trust God no matter what happens.My Lenten sacrifice is not playing on the computer for a really really long time.

4. Claudia said:

My lenten sacrifice is eating to much popcorn.I will also help living animals like the ones who are endangered and ones that are treated unkindly.

5. Dylan said:

I will forgive people no matter what they do to me because God would do that and it’s the right thing to do. I will make the right choices through every situation, by following the example of Jesus

6. Daniel said:

I will help the poor and visit the sick and imprisoned.

My Lenten sacrifice is to stop eating chewing gum

7. Luis said:

This Lent I will try to help the poor and pray to the sick and the lonely because I trust God and I forgive others. My Lenten sacrifice is to not play at the park for to long.

8. Adriana said:

I will do anything to help living things and I will defenatly trust God no matter who it is I will believe in Him.

My lentern sacrifice is drinking fizzy drinks.

9. Vanessa said:

I will give up watching to much videos